High pressure PTFE tube with stainless steel jacket AN8
PTFE tube with stainless steel braiding AN8 has an outer diameter (OD) of 13.7 mm and an inner diameter (ID) of 10.67 mm. The wall thickness of the PTFE tube is 0.70 mm. Our PTFE tubes are made exclusively from first class PTFE granulate and no recycled material is added. As a result, we can always guarantee high quality.
High pressure PTFE tube
The PTFE tube is braided with a single-layer 304/316 stainless steel jacket of high strength. This ensures a very high-pressure resistance. This AN8 hose has a working pressure of 138 bar and a burst pressure of 552 bar. In addition, the stainless-steel jacket provides a smaller bending radius, 131 mm.
This type of tube is often used in the automotive industry as they are ideal for diesel and gasoline, hot oils, chemicals or coolants. They are also frequently used in the food industry, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical industries.
AN Tubes with stainless steel braiding
AN tubes are nowadays indispensable in many applications and markets. Think for example of motorsport, tuning, mechanical engineering, overhaul companies, boat construction, industrial applications and so on. Wherever liquid has to flow, we encounter AN hoses.
What does “AN” actually mean?
The name AN stands for Army-Navy, but originates from the aircraft industry. Popularly, AN is also translated to “Dash” or “JIC”. Dash 8 is therefore the same as AN8 or JIC 8. The most common are:
• AN3 – Stainless steel braided high pressure PTFE tube
• AN4 – Stainless steel braided high pressure PTFE tube
• AN6 – Stainless steel braided high pressure PTFE tube
• AN8 – Stainless steel braided high pressure PTFE tube
• AN10 – Stainless steel braided high pressure PTFE hose
1 AN equals 1/16″ – AN3 is therefore 3/16″, AN 4 is therefore 4/16 (1/4″)
Properties of PTFE:
√ Excellent chemical resistance
√ Large temperature range
√ Very low coefficient of friction
√ Greatest resistance to fatigue
√ FDA approved
√ Low dielectric constant
If you are looking for more information about the unique material PTFE then the full description on the properties of PTFE on Wikipedia might be interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytetrafluoroethylene
Order PTFE tube with 8 benefits ǀ PTFEtubeshop.com
This high pressure PTFE tube with stainless steel jacket AN8 is supplied to our 8 core values:
1) Shipment within 24 hours for stock items
2) PTFE tube, first class quality with tight tolerances, also view the product specifications
3) Cut to size is optional
4) Customer specific stock and Just-in-time delivery; contact us to discuss the possibilities
5) Delivery on credit, Please fill the following form is you wish to open an account
6) Worldwide delivery
7) CO2 reduction, we plant a tree for every 20 kilos of material that we sell
8) We have the lowest prices, should our price not be right. Let us know and we will give you an alternative offer
If you would like some additional information about PTFE tubes or in particular this high pressure PTFE tube with stainless steel jacket AN8, take a look at the downloads tab, there you will find extensive information about chemical resistance, bending radius and the general datasheet. If you have any further questions, Jeroen our product specialist, is at your disposal!